Simmonsohn Trondheim Classic Touring Series Tandem
SAVE: 46% or £319.05
Life in Tandem. Simmonsohn channels Danish and Scandinavian influences across all aspects of design. We value the importance of practicality and functionality. Our designs promote group activities with the belief that we are stronger together.
Modern technology has continuously improved component and frame designs, because of this tandems are no longer considered a novelty item. Their resurgence in popularity is due to the very nature that they can be as well-built as modern high-end bikes, with all the same technical specifications. They have the ability to perform to the same level as traditional, two wheeled bikes if the riders require. Whether shared mountain biking or casual leisure cycling is on the menu, the rustic Simmonsohn range has a model to suit everyone's aesthetic tastes and practical requirements.Simmonsohn Trondheim Classic Touring Series Tandem
Built around a classic Reynolds 531 tubing frame the Trondheim is the entry level tandem in the Simmonsohn touring series. With a distinctive retro feel the Trondheim is a perfect touring companion for the couple who want to venture a little further for a little longer. Up front is a responsive, lightweight Cromoly fork. The upgraded 24 speed transmission system comprises of Shimano EZ fire push button gear shifters with super precise Shimano derailleurs. The large range of gear ratios will help you cope if you are carrying a little extra weight. Front and rear Tektro alloy V type brakes coupled with Simmonsohn double wall rims and Schwalbe Marathon tyres give excellent control on the road or tracks. The Trondheim comes "fully loaded", full length mudguards, just in case, a four point fixing alloy pannier rack complete with luggage straps and a low rider fork mounted carrier.
A combination of classic design and quality components.Details
- Model Type: Adult Reynolds 531 Classic Touring Series Tandem.
- Frame Construction: Reynolds 531 main tubes with dual bottle cage bosses, 4 point rear pannier bosses, rear mudguard bosses and replaceable dropout.
- Forks: Unicrown Cromoly fork with mudguard bosses.
- Wheel Size: 700c
- Gear System: Shimano 24 speed indexed gears with STI push button selection. Shimano Alivio rear gear derailleur. Shimano Altus front derailleur. Shimano Altus ST-M310 EZ Fire gear shifters with push button selection. KMC chains.
- Chainsets: Front Prowheel 42T single chainset with alloy cranks and chainring chainguard. Rear Prowheel 24T,34T,42T triple chainset with alloy 170mm cranks.
- Freewheel/Cassette: Shimano CSHG30 8 cassette.
- Bottom Bracket: Eccentric sealed cartridge bottom bracket for correct chain tension.
- Pedals: 9/16" alloy platform with reflectors.
- Wheel Specification: Simmonsohn black alloy double wall 48H CNC rims with front and rear KT quick release alloy hubs. Stainless steel spokes with 13G brass nipples.
- Tyres and Tubes: Front and rear 700 X 38c Schwalbe Marathon with All Motion RaceGuard Puncture Protection. Presta valve tubes.
- Brakes: Front and rear Tektro alloy V type brakes with Shimano ASTM310 levers.
- Handlebar and Stem: Front Zoom 640mm wide oversize alloy handlebar. Rear Zoom 640mm wide alloy handlebar. Front Zoom adjustable angle alloy oversize 110mm stem. Rear Zoom tandem alloy adjustable reach stem.
- Grips: Front and rear 120mm dual compound comfort.
- Headset: FSA ahead type full bearing. 3 X alloy headset spacers.
- Saddle and Seatpost: Front Selle Royale Look In Gents, rear Selle Royale Look In Ladies. Zoom 27.2 alloy micro adjust seat post (300mm front, 350mm rear).
- Additional: Front bell. Reflectors. Rear pannier rack with straps. Front pannier racks. 700c silver full mudguards.
- Weight: 20.4kg.
- Frame Sizes: 21"/17" and 19"/15".
- Frame Colour: British Racing Green.
- Fork Colour: British Racing Green.
- Cycle Condition: Brand new sealed in box. This bike comes 90% built. Fitting of pedals, handlebars/stem, front wheel and saddles/seatpost required. Chain tension, gears and brakes will also require some adjustment prior to riding.
All goods are in stock and delivered within 2 working days of cleared payment. Smaller items are sent by Royal mail 1st Class and do not require a signature, larger items are delivered Monday to Friday between 9am and 6pm by our couriers, a signature is required upon receipt of goods.
When your order is despatched our system will automatically send you an email. We only use premium next day delivery services, so you can expect your order the following day.