Simmonsohn Gothenburg Mountain Series Tandem
SAVE: 45% or £249.05
Life in Tandem. Simmonsohn channels Danish and Scandinavian influences across all aspects of design. We value the importance of practicality and functionality. Our designs promote group activities with the belief that we are stronger together.
Modern technology has continuously improved component and frame designs, because of this tandems are no longer considered a novelty item. Their resurgence in popularity is due to the very nature that they can be as well-built as modern high-end bikes, with all the same technical specifications. They have the ability to perform to the same level as traditional, two wheeled bikes if the riders require. Whether shared mountain biking or casual leisure cycling is on the menu, the rustic Simmonsohn range has a model to suit everyone's aesthetic tastes and practical requirements.Simmonsohn Gothenburg Mountain Series Tandem
The Gothenburg from our Mountain Series is the perfect tandem bike for younger couples who enjoy cycling on a regular basis. The Gothenburg is great for your next camping break, allowing you to explore both on and off road, making the most of the break. Perfect for couples or friends who prefer to share the experience of a cycle ride. The Gothenburg is built around Simmonsohn's tandem specific aluminium mountain series frame. The new frame design results in a lowwer step over height for the stoker position. Up front is a set of adjustable Suntour suspension forks allowing fine tuning to iron out the bumps or firm them up to eat up the miles on the black stuff. The 21 speed transmission system comprises of Shimano EZ fire push button gear shifters with super precise Shimano derailleurs. The large range of gear ratios will help you cope with everything the terrain throws at you. Powerful V type brakes coupled with Simmonsohn double wall rims and Schwalbe Marathon tyres give excellent control on the road or tracks.
A combination of functional design and quality components.Details:
- Model Type: Adult Aluminium Mountain Series Tandem.
- Frame Construction: Oversize tandem specific aluminium tube set with dual bottle cage bosses, rear mudguard bosses, 4 point rear pannier bosses and replaceable dropout. Gusseted downtube.
- Forks: Suntour M3030-A suspension fork with alloy crown. 63mm travel with adjustable preload.
- Wheel Size: 26".
- Gear System: Shimano 21 speed indexed gears with STI push button selection. Shimano Acera rear gear derailleur. Shimano Tourney front derailleur. Shimano STEF51 EZ Fire gear shifters with push button selection. KMC chains.
- Chainsets: Front Prowheel steel chainwheel with alloy cranks. Rear Prowheel 24T,34T,42T triple chainset with alloy 170mm cranks.
- Freewheel/Cassette: Shimano 7 speed 14-28T freewheel.
- Bottom Bracket: Eccentric sealed cartridge bottom bracket for correct chain tension.
- Pedals: 9/16" alloy platform with reflectors.
- Wheel Specification: Simmonsohn black alloy double wall 36H CNC rims with front and rear KT quick release alloy hubs. Stainless steel black spokes with 13G brass nipples.
- Tyres and Tubes: Front and rear 26" X 2.00" Schwalbe Marathon with Green Guard Puncture Protection. Schrader valve tubes.
- Brakes: Front and rear Tektro alloy V type brakes with Shimano ASTEF51 levers.
- Handlebar and Stem: Front Zoom 640mm wide oversize alloy handlebar. Rear Zoom 640mm wide alloy handlebar. Front Zoom adjustable angle alloy oversize 110mm stem. Rear Zoom tandem alloy adjustable reach stem.
- Grips: Front and rear 120mm dual compound comfort.
- Headset: FSA ahead type full bearing. 3 X alloy headset spacers.
- Saddle and Seatpost: Front WTB Speedsport, rear WTB Comfort V Sport. Zoom 27.2 alloy micro adjust seat post (300mm front, 350mm rear).
- Additional: Front bell. Reflectors.
- Weight: 21.8kg.
- Frame Sizes: 19"/16" and 21"/18".
- Frame Colour: Blue/White.
- Fork Colour: White.
- Cycle Condition: Brand new sealed in box. This bike comes 90% built. Fitting of pedals, handlebars/stem, front wheel and saddles/seatpost required. Chain tension, gears and brakes will also require some adjustment prior to riding.
All goods are in stock and delivered within 2 working days of cleared payment. Smaller items are sent by Royal mail 1st Class and do not require a signature, larger items are delivered Monday to Friday between 9am and 6pm by our couriers, a signature is required upon receipt of goods.
When your order is despatched our system will automatically send you an email. We only use premium next day delivery services, so you can expect your order the following day.