Forme Axe Edge Sport Carbon Race Bike
SAVE: 18% or £210.00
Forme Bikes are proudly designed and developed in Derbyshire. Following observation of a clear gap in the market for British high quality aluminium bikes the range was launched with a small collection of 5 road bike models at key selling price points with immediate success in March 2010. The strength of Forme combined with the phenomenal consistent growth in cycling has allowed them to develop thier range to 40 models in less than 2 years.
Every Road and Mountain bike produced by Forme is tested by ex-professional cyclists on some of the most technical trails, steepest climbs and fastest descents the Peak District has to offer to create a product that can be understood by its rider. If you are familiar with the geography of the Peak District names such as Blackrocks, Thorpe, Axe Edge, Alport, Shining Cliff Woods etc will be well recognised and therefore the formula for selecting Forme model names will not come as a surprise to you.
Forme designed bikes are engineered to meet the demands of the British climate which, following many testing miles, can be pretty wet and grim. Key features often over looked by international competitors can be found on every bike within the range to ensure all your daily riding demands we are met.
Forme Axe Edge Sport
Our philosophy is to focus on both style and quality and as a ‘cyclists’ brand we recognise that wheelsets in particular are not a component to scrimp on, particularly with our harsh British weather conditions. On the Axe Edge Sport not only do we have a high grade Torayca700 frameset but we also equip the bike with a factory built Mavic Aksium wheelset and Shimano 105 derailleur’s.
Choosing the right bike and frame in particular can be the difference between heaven and purgatory for any sportive rider! We have maintained the ‘bling’ looks and lightweight responsive performance with the Axe Edge but are introducing a frame that doesn't leave you unable to walk after a long weekend of riding and exploring!
Using Torayca 700 carbon fibre the chain and seat stays in particular featured on the Axe Edge are designed with fibres and laminate laid up and shaped to ensure the frame has satisfactory lateral stiffness whilst offering suitable vertical compliance for improved comfort. Furthermore the geometry of the Axe Edge offers a more comfortable headtube height for improved reach and a slightly shorter top tube than our competition lines so endurance riding should never be a problem no matter how fast you can climb L’Alpe D’Huez!
- Frame: Forme Torayca 700 12k Carbon
- Fork: Forme T700 12k Carbon Blade, 1-1/8 Alloy Steerer
- Handlebar: 4za Stratos Road Compact, Alloy 31.8mm
- Stem: 4za Stratos, Alloy 31.8mm
- Handlebar Tape: Forme Ergofit Cork, White
- Headset: FSA Orbit Is-2, 1-1/8" Integrated, Sealed Angular Contact Bearing
- Bottom Bracket: FSA Megaexo Sealed
- Chainset: FSA Gossamer Compact, 50/34t
- Chain: KMC X10, 10-Spd
- Saddle: 4za Stratos Mens
- Seatpost: 4za Stratos, Alloy
- Wheelset: Mavic Aksium Sealed Bearing
- F.Derailleur: Microshift Centos
- R.Derailleur: Shimano 105, 10-Spd, Short Cage
- Shifters / Brake Levers: Microshift Bona, 20-Spd
- Cassette: Shimano Tiagra, 10-Spd, 12/28t
- Brake Calipers: Forme Alloy Dual Pivot, 39 - 52mm, Cartridge Pads
- Tyres: Schwalbe Lugano, 700 X 23C, Puncture Prevention
- Condition: New in box. Bike comes 95% built. Fitting of front wheel and handlebars will be necessary as well as some adjustment to brakes and gears prior to riding. Pedals not supplied.
All goods are in stock and delivered within 2 working days of cleared payment. Smaller items are sent by Royal mail 1st Class and do not require a signature, larger items are delivered Monday to Friday between 9am and 6pm by our couriers, a signature is required upon receipt of goods.
When your order is despatched our system will automatically send you an email. We only use premium next day delivery services, so you can expect your order the following day.