B Grade Simmonsohn Bergen 19"/15" Classic Touring Series Tandem
SAVE: 36% or £269.05
Life in Tandem. Simmonsohn channels Danish and Scandinavian influences across all aspects of design. We value the importance of practicality and functionality. Our designs promote group activities with the belief that we are stronger together.
Modern technology has continuously improved component and frame designs, because of this tandems are no longer considered a novelty item. Their resurgence in popularity is due to the very nature that they can be as well-built as modern high-end bikes, with all the same technical specifications. They have the ability to perform to the same level as traditional, two wheeled bikes if the riders require. Whether shared mountain biking or casual leisure cycling is on the menu, the rustic Simmonsohn range has a model to suit everyone's aesthetic tastes and practical requirements.B Grade Simmonsohn Bergen Classic Touring Series Tandem
Built around a classic Reynolds 531 tubing frame the Bergen is the flagship tandem in the Simmonsohn touring series. With a distinctive retro feel the Bergen is a perfect touring companion for the couple who want to venture a little further for a little longer. Up front is a responsive, lightweight Cromoly fork. The upgraded 27 speed transmission system comprises of Shimano EZ fire push button gear shifters with super precise Shimano derailleurs. The large range of gear ratios will help you cope if you are carrying a little extra weight. Smooth running FSA headset and bottom bracket bearings. Front and rear Shimano alloy V brakes coupled with Simmonsohn double wall rims and Schwalbe Marathon tyres give excellent control on the road or tracks. The Bergen comes "fully loaded", full length mudguards, just in case, a four point fixing alloy pannier rack complete with luggage straps and a low rider fork mounted carrier.
A combination of classic design and quality components.Details
- Model Type: Adult Reynolds 531 Classic Touring Series Tandem.
- Frame Construction: Reynolds 531 main tubes with dual bottle cage bosses, 4 point rear pannier bosses, rear mudguard bosses and replaceable dropout.
- Forks: Unicrown Cromoly fork with mudguard bosses.
- Wheel Size: 700c
- Gear System: Shimano 27 speed indexed gears with STI push button selection. Shimano Alivio 9sp rear gear derailleur. Shimano Acera front derailleur. Shimano Alivio ST-M4000 EZ Fire gear shifters with push button selection.KMC chains.
- Chainsets: Front Prowheel 42T single chainset with 170mm alloy cranks and chainring chainguard. Rear Prowheel 24T,34T,42T triple chainset with alloy 170mm cranks.
- Freewheel/Cassette: Shimano CSHG300 9 cassette.
- Bottom Bracket: Eccentric sealed FSA cartridge bottom bracket for correct chain tension.
- Pedals: 9/16" alloy platform with reflectors.
- Wheel Specification: Simmonsohn black alloy double wall 48H CNC rims with front and rear KT quick release alloy hubs. Stainless steel spokes with 13G brass nipples.
- Tyres and Tubes: Front and rear 700 X 38c Schwalbe Marathon with All Motion RaceGuard Puncture Protection. Presta valve tubes.
- Brakes: Front and rear Shimano BRT-4000 alloy V type brakes with Shimano ASTM310 levers. Levers have reach adjust facility.
- Handlebar and Stem: Front Zoom 640mm wide oversize alloy handlebar. Rear Zoom 640mm wide alloy handlebar. Front Zoom adjustable angle alloy oversize 110mm stem. Rear Zoom tandem alloy adjustable reach stem.
- Grips: Front and rear 120mm dual compound comfort.
- Headset: FSA ahead type full bearing. 3 X alloy headset spacers.
- Saddle and Seatpost: Front Selle Royale Look In Gents, rear Selle Royale Look In Ladies. Zoom 27.2 alloy micro adjust seat post (300mm front, 350mm rear).
- Additional: Front bell. Reflectors. Rear pannier rack with straps. Front pannier racks. 700c silver full mudguards.
- Weight: 20.4kg.
- Frame Sizes: 21"/17" and 19"/15".
- Frame Colour: Midnight Blue.
- Fork Colour: Midnight Blue.
- Cycle Condition :B Grade. This cycle is new but will have paintwork damage, marks to frame and/or forks. It has been returned to us by one of our couriers. It is mechanically sound and covered by the manufacturers full warranty. This bike comes 90% built. Inflation of tyres, fitting of pedals, stem/bars, front wheel, front brake cable and seat required. Brakes also require some adjustment.
Please refer to the Delivery Information section for current information.
Our Contact Us page can be found here
For any (non-delivery based) issues regarding the following models of bikes:
- De Novo
- Please contact the supplier's customer helpline on: 0161 813 1745