2017 Viking Route 66 700c Road Racing Bike 14 Speed
SAVE: 29% or £70.00
Viking Cycles Established 1908
First established in Wolverhampton in 1908 the Viking
brand has a history, rich in the tradition of top quality road bikes throughout
the century. Quality, style and durability have always been the hallmarks of
Today's Vikings embody those core qualities and look to widen the range to suit the ever increasing demands of changing lifestyles. For 2017 the range includes: Road, Trekking, Comfort, Heritage, Tandems, Urban Sport, E-Bikes and City Folders. No longer produced in Wolverhampton, each model now utilizes the technical developments of today's top manufacturing processes and lightweight tubing.
2017 Viking Route 66 Gents Road Race Bike 14 Speed
The Route 66 sits at the beginning of the 2017 Viking road range and is named after the legendary American highway, that runs 2400 miles from Chicago to LA. Equipped with a Hi-Ten frame and fork, the route 66 shares the same geometry as the higher specification Viking race bikes, providing predictable handling and surefootedness on the road. Gear selection is handled by the with Shimano stem mounted 14 Speed shifters. A Shimano alloy road double chainset, derailleurs and freewheel combine for smooth shifting.
- Model Type : Hi-Ten Steel gents road/race bike.
- Frame Construction : Lightweight 6061 aluminium mainframe with bottle bosses and rear mudguard clearance. Relaxed road geometry.
- Forks : 700c Hi-Ten with mudguard clearance.
- Wheel Size : 700c with 23c all black wall tyres.
- Gears : Shimano 14 speed indexed gears with Shimano shifters. Shimano 7 speed 14/28T freewheel.
- Chainset : Shimano double road chainset with 170mm alloy cranks. Sealed cartridge bottom bracket.
- Wheel Specification : Viking A-350 36 hole deep section alloy rims with KT quick release front hub and rustless spokes. Machined braking surfaces.
- Brakes : Calliper brakes with alloy brake levers.
- Handlebar and Stem : Alloy 1 1/8" black alloy ahead stem with 42cm alloy road handlebars. Low stack A-Head Headset. Under tape cable routing. Viking black handlebar tape.
- Additional : Viking VK padded road saddle, black alloy micro-adjust seatpost. Alloy seat clamp. Toe clips and straps.
- Frame Colour : White
- Fork Colour : White
- Weight :12.7kg.
- Cycle Condition : New. This bike is shipped 90% assembled in a sealed box. Inflation of tyres, fitting of pedals, stem, handlebars, front wheel, saddle and seatpost are necessary. Gears and brakes may require some adjustment prior to riding.
All goods are in stock and delivered within 2 working days of cleared payment. Smaller items are sent by Royal mail 1st Class and do not require a signature, larger items are delivered Monday to Friday between 9am and 6pm by our couriers, a signature is required upon receipt of goods.
When your order is despatched our system will automatically send you an email. We only use premium next day delivery services, so you can expect your order the following day.