2017 Raleigh Helion 3.0 Hardtail Gents Mountain Bike
SAVE: 10% or £34.00
Raleigh Cycles Established 1887
First established in Nottingham in 1887 Raleigh has a true range of pedigree products spanning across the leisure and race markets.
Within six years Raleigh became the biggest bicycle manufacturing company in the world and occupied a seven and a half acres in Faraday Road, Lenton, Nottingham. Today, Raleigh product development engineers and graphic designers ensure that the innovation continues and every Raleigh bike has a special level of quality and attention to detail. The functionality of every bike is important at Raleigh, it must be "fit for purpose" and reliable. To achieve this, high quality materials and components are used throughout.
For 2017 Raleigh have 5 models in their off road hard tail series. There are 3 gents 27.5" wheel bikes and 2 women's 26" wheel models. They all feature lightweight aluminium 6061 frames and Shimano transmission systems. These models are ideally suited to the rider who wants quality components at an affordable price. Perfect entry level bicycles.
2017 Raleigh Helion 3.0 Hard tail Gents Mountain Bike
The new 2017 Helion 3.0 is the flagship bike in Raleigh's Helion line-up. It's built around the same lightweight super strong aluminium frame as the Helion 1.0 and 2.0 but features some serious upgrades. Firstly forks are now lighter alloy Suntour M-3030 suspension with 60mm of plush travel to smooth out the bumps on rough terrain. The transmission has moved to Shimano TX800 24 speed, still great for road or tracks but now giving you more ratios so you can attempt more challenging terrain. Gear selection is pin sharp with the Shimano EF51 push button shifters. The anchors have been upgraded to Tektro mechanically actuated disc brakes, perhaps a little overkill for the road, but this bike is built for the rough stuff too. The disc hubs are now quick release so you can pop the wheels off for storage or the back of the car. Dual compound handlebar grips, Raleigh ergonomic saddle and 660mm wide lo-rise bars combine to produce a comfortable ride werever you want to venture.
- Model Type: Gents hard tail mountain bicycle.
- Frame: Aluminium AL6061 with tapered top and down tube and oversize seat tube. Replaceable gear hanger. Rear mudguard and rear pannier bosses.
- Fork: Suntour alloy M-3030 60mm travel suspension fork with 1 1/8" threadless full bearing headset.
- Wheels: 27.5" aluminium 36 hole single wall rims on quick release disc brake hubs. 14G black spokes. Micro Block 27.5" X 2.10" MTB tyres.
- Gear System: Shimano TX800 24 speed indexed with Shimano EF51 shifters, 170mm 42/32/22T compact triple chainset, Shimano HG20 12-32T cassette. Shimano TX800 rear derailleur. Shimano TX-30 front derailleur. KMC chain. Semi-sealed bottom bracket.
- Brakes: Mechanically actuated Tektro disc brakes. Shimano EF51 brake levers with reach adjust facility.
- Handlebar and Stem: Raleigh forged aluminium ahead stem with 660mm wide 30mm rise low-rise bars and Raleigh MTB comfort grips.
- Additional Information: Raleigh ergonomic Helion padded saddle on alloy 31.6mm black seatpost. Alloy seat clamp. Resin MTB pedals with moulded pins.
- Frame Colour: Red.
- Fork Colour: Black.
- Cycle Condition: New. All 2016 Raleigh bicycles are assembled and set up by a mechanic prior to dispatch. After the pre-delivery inspection the bicycle is re-packed in the original box for transportation. The repacked bicycle is 90% assembled. Refitting of pedals, stem, handlebars, front wheel, saddle and seat post are necessary.
All goods are in stock and delivered within 2 working days of cleared payment. Smaller items are sent by Royal mail 1st Class and do not require a signature, larger items are delivered Monday to Friday between 9am and 6pm by our couriers, a signature is required upon receipt of goods.
When your order is despatched our system will automatically send you an email. We only use premium next day delivery services, so you can expect your order the following day.