2017 Raleigh Helion 2.0 Hardtail Gents Mountain Bike
Raleigh Cycles Established 1887
First established in Nottingham in 1887 Raleigh has a true range of pedigree products spanning across the leisure and race markets.
Within six years Raleigh became the biggest bicycle manufacturing company in the world and occupied a seven and a half acres in Faraday Road, Lenton, Nottingham. Today, Raleigh product development engineers and graphic designers ensure that the innovation continues and every Raleigh bike has a special level of quality and attention to detail. The functionality of every bike is important at Raleigh, it must be "fit for purpose" and reliable. To achieve this, high quality materials and components are used throughout.
For 2017 Raleigh have 5 models in their off road hard tail series. There are 3 gents 27.5" wheel bikes and 2 women's 26" wheel models. They all feature lightweight aluminium 6061 frames and Shimano transmission systems. These models are ideally suited to the rider who wants quality components at an affordable price. Perfect entry level bicycles.
2017 Raleigh Helion 2.0 Hard tail Gents Mountain Bike
The new 2017 Helion 2.0 is the second bike in Raleigh's gents hardtail line-up. It's built around the same lightweight aluminium frame as the Helion 1.0 but features lots of upgrades to components. Firstly forks are now Suntour suspension with 60mm of plush travel to smooth out the bumps on rougher terrain. The transmission has been upped to Shimano 21 speed mega range, still superbe for road or tracks but now giving you the right gears if you want to venture further offroad. Gear selection is still easy with the Shimano EF push button shifters. The anchors have been upgraded to mechanically actuated disc brakes, perhaps a little overkill for the road, but this bike is built for the rough stuff too. Dual compound handlebar grips, Raleigh ergonomic saddle and 660mm wide lo-rise bars combine to produce a comfortable ride werever you want to venture.
- Model Type: Gents hard tail mountain bicycle.
- Frame: Aluminium AL6061 with tapered top and down tube and oversize seat tube. Replaceable gear hanger. Rear mudguard and rear pannier bosses.
- Fork: Suntour 60mm travel suspension fork with 1 1/8" threadless full bearing headset.
- Wheels: 27.5" aluminium 36 hole single wall rims on disc brake hubs. 14G black spokes. Micro Block 27.5" X 2.10" MTB tyres.
- Gear System: Shimano 21 speed indexed with Shimano EF41 shifters, 170mm 42/32/22T compact triple chainset, Shimano MF-TZ31 14-34T freewheel. Shimano TZ-31 rear derailleur. Shimano TZ-30 front derailleur. KMC chain. Semi-sealed bottom bracket.
- Brakes: Mechanically actuated Tektro disc brakes. Shimano EF41 brake levers with reach adjust facility.
- Handlebar and Stem: Raleigh forged aluminium ahead stem with 660mm wide 30mm rise low-rise bars and Raleigh MTB comfort grips.
- Additional Information: Raleigh ergonomic Helion padded saddle on alloy 31.6mm black seatpost. Alloy seat clamp. Resin MTB pedals with moulded pins.
- Frame Colour: Blue.
- Fork Colour: Black.
- Cycle Condition: New. All 2016 Raleigh bicycles are assembled and set up by a mechanic prior to dispatch. After the pre-delivery inspection the bicycle is re-packed in the original box for transportation. The repacked bicycle is 90% assembled. Refitting of pedals, stem, handlebars, front wheel, saddle and seat post are necessary.
All goods are in stock and delivered within 2 working days of cleared payment. Smaller items are sent by Royal mail 1st Class and do not require a signature, larger items are delivered Monday to Friday between 9am and 6pm by our couriers, a signature is required upon receipt of goods.
When your order is despatched our system will automatically send you an email. We only use premium next day delivery services, so you can expect your order the following day.