2017 Dahon Speed Uno 20" Wheel Folding Bike 4130 CroMo 11.9 kgs
SAVE: 26% or £125.05
In 1982 Dr. Hon introduced the first Dahon folding bicycle to worldwide
acclaim. At design competitions around the world, the first Dahon folding
bicycle proceeded to win award after award. Full of optimism, Dr. Hon visited
major bicycle manufacturers around the world, hoping to find a company to either
license his design or build the bike for him. But not surprisingly, none of big
companies were interested in his revolutionary new idea.
Undaunted and committed to his vision of environmentally-sustainable transportation, Dr. Hon decided to risk everything and build the bike himself. He quit his job, gathered $3 million dollars in venture funding, re-located to Taiwan, and built a factory. By 1983, Dahon folding bicycles were rolling off the assembly line.
Today, over two million bicycles later, we can proudly say that Dahon has made a difference. From San Francisco to Amsterdam to Rio de Janeiro to Tokyo, people are using our bicycles to get from point A to point B. Governments are integrating portable folding bicycles into their plans for mass transportation. And every one of those big bicycle companies that Dr. Hon visited 25 years ago have now jumped on the folding bike bandwagon
Inspired by demand for a folding bike that could be used day-in, day-out in any weather condition and with little to no maintenance. The result is exactly that! With no shifters, derailleurs or cassette, this single speed design is not only simple, but light.
One-speed-serves-all is the Dahon Speed Uno’s motto. Weighing in at only 11.9kg the Speed Uno is quick to fold and light to carry. Equipped with 20" wheels with 1.75" tires for smooth riding over asphalt, bumps and treacherous potholes. The Speed Uno features a lightweight 4130 CroMo frame and fork for optimum efficiency.
- Frame: Lightweight 4130 CroMo, forged lattice hinge with V-clamp technology
- Fork: Smooth riding and stable hi-ten steel blades and steerer
- Wheel Size: 20"
- Handlepost: Forged alloy radius telescope with fusion technology
- Rims: 20" Lightweight aluminium
- Front Hub: DAHON custom 74mm compact alloy 20 hole
- Rear Hub: 28 hole single speed alloy
- Spokes: 14g stainless steel
- Tyres: DAHON Custom, 20" x 1.75" with reflective band
- Cranks: Forged alloy arms 48 tooth chainring
- Chain: KMC Z410 with one piece plastic chain cover.
- Rear Sprocket: 16 tooth freewheel
- Handlebar: 6061 aluminium flat bar, 560mm wide with 9 degree ergo sweep
- Grips: DAHON ergo comfort
- Headset: Fusion, zero stack, cartridge bearing
- Brakes: Front and rear V brakes.
- Brake Levers: DAHON 3 finger composite bracket/aluminium lever
- Saddle: DAHON ergo comfort
- Seatpost: DAHON custom 6061 Aluminium, 33.9mm x 580mm
- Pedals: DAHON foldable, PC body
- Kickstand: Lightweight alloy
- Folded Size: 29 x 84 x 64cm
- Weight: 11.9kg
- Rider Height Range: 135-188cm
- Rider Max. Weight: 105kg
- Frame Colour. Brown Grey
- Cycle Condition : Brand New. Delivered in folded state. Inflation of tyres, fitting of pedals, stem, handlebars, front wheel, front brake cable, saddle and seatpost are necessary. Gears and brakes may require some adjustment prior to riding.
All goods are in stock and delivered within 2 working days of cleared payment. Smaller items are sent by Royal mail 1st Class and do not require a signature, larger items are delivered Monday to Friday between 9am and 6pm by our couriers, a signature is required upon receipt of goods.
When your order is despatched our system will automatically send you an email. We only use premium next day delivery services, so you can expect your order the following day.