2017 Dahon QIX D8 20" Wheel Folding Bike 8 Speed 11.9 Kg
SAVE: 16% or £120.05
In 1982 Dr. Hon introduced the first Dahon folding bicycle
to worldwide acclaim. At design competitions around the world, the first Dahon
folding bicycle proceeded to win award after award. Full of optimism, Dr. Hon
visited major bicycle manufacturers around the world, hoping to find a company
to either license his design or build the bike for him. But not surprisingly,
none of big companies were interested in his revolutionary new idea.
Undaunted and committed to his vision of environmentally-sustainable transportation, Dr. Hon decided to risk everything and build the bike himself. He quit his job, gathered $3 million dollars in venture funding, re-located to Taiwan, and built a factory. By 1983, Dahon folding bicycles were rolling off the assembly line.
Today, over two million bicycles later, we can proudly say that Dahon has made a difference. From San Francisco to Amsterdam to Rio de Janeiro to Tokyo, people are using our bicycles to get from point A to point B. Governments are integrating portable folding bicycles into their plans for mass transportation. And every one of those big bicycle companies that Dr. Hon visited 25 years ago have now jumped on the folding bike bandwagon.
2017 Dahon QIX D8 Folding Bike 8 Speed
Inspired from the Jifo and EEZZ 16" bikes, the Qix D8 is the new 20" version. The vertical folding technology allows the Qix D8 to roll directly into a folded position with minimum effort and time. 8 Speed SRAM drivetrain, a pannier rack and front and mudguards are included.
- Speeds: 8.
- Distance: Seatpost to handlebar: Min: 625 mm (24.4") Max: 650 mm (25.4").
- Distance: Saddle to pedal: Min: 700 mm (27.3") Max: 965 mm (37.7").
- Folded Size: 83 x 36 x 66cm.
- Folding Time: 15 sec.
- Weight: 11.9 kg.
- Suggested rider height: 137-188 cm (4'6"- 6'2").
- Max Rider Weight: 105 kg (230 lb).
- Frame:Flush Vertical hinge Qix Arc using Dalloy tubing, Forged BB struts.
- Fork: Lightweight and Responsive Dalloy , w/ Integrated Crown
- Handlepost: Dahon forged aluminium radius V handlepost.
- Handlebar: Alloy 580mm wide with 9 degree ergo sweep.
- Headset: Semi integrated custom Dahon.
- Grip/Bars Tape: Dahon ergo comfort.
- Saddle: Dahon ergo comfort.
- Seatpost: Dahon custom 6061 aluminium, 33.9mm x 580mm.
- Seat Clamp: Dahon Patented, AntiFulcrum Technology.
- Front and Rear Brakes: Winzip smooth and powerful 110mm V-brakes.
- Brake Levers: Dahon 3 finger aluminium lever.
- Front Hub: Dahon 20 Hole custom 74mm compact.
- Rear Hub: Dahon 28 Hole. 130mm casette.
- Spokes: 14g Stainless steel.
- Rims: Aluminium, 20" x 1.5", ground sidewalls.
- Tyres: Impac 20x1.75".
- Shifter: Gripshift twist shifter.
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM X-5
- Crankset: Cold forged 6061 aluminium with alloy chain guard 53Tooth chain ring.
- Cassette/Freewheel: Wide range 11-32 tooth 8 speed.
- Bottom Bracket: 5 piece set w/ axle.
- Pedals: Dahon foldable, resin body.
- Kickstand: Lightweight alloy.
- Rear pannier: Black with Dahon roller wheel.
- Mudguards: Full length front and rear.
- Cycle Condition : Brand New. Delivered in folded state. Inflation of tyres, fitting of pedals, stem, handlebars, front wheel, front brake cable, saddle and seatpost are necessary. Gears and brakes may require some adjustment prior to riding.
All goods are in stock and delivered within 2 working days of cleared payment. Smaller items are sent by Royal mail 1st Class and do not require a signature, larger items are delivered Monday to Friday between 9am and 6pm by our couriers, a signature is required upon receipt of goods.
When your order is despatched our system will automatically send you an email. We only use premium next day delivery services, so you can expect your order the following day.