2017 Dahon IOS D9 Folding Bike with 24" Wheels in Khaki
SAVE: 15% or £150.05
In 1982 Dr. Hon introduced the first Dahon folding bicycle to worldwide acclaim. At design competitions around the world, the first Dahon folding bicycle proceeded to win award after award. Full of optimism, Dr. Hon visited major bicycle manufacturers around the world, hoping to find a company to either license his design or build the bike for him. But not surprisingly, none of big companies were interested in his revolutionary new idea.
Undaunted and committed to his vision of environmentally-sustainable transportation, Dr. Hon decided to risk everything and build the bike himself. He quit his job, gathered $3 million dollars in venture funding, re-located to Taiwan, and built a factory. By 1983, Dahon folding bicycles were rolling off the assembly line.
Today, over two million bicycles later, we can proudly say that Dahon has made a difference. From San Francisco to Amsterdam to Rio de Janeiro to Tokyo, people are using our bicycles to get from point A to point B. Governments are integrating portable folding bicycles into their plans for mass transportation. And every one of those big bicycle companies that Dr. Hon visited 25 years ago have now jumped on the folding bike bandwagon.
Dahon OIS D9 24" Wheel Folding Bike
A real eye catcher; the IOS D9 has a lot to
offer. Hydraulic disc brakes stop on a dime and Dahon Flat Pak technology folds
flat for narrow storage. Its larger 24" wheels will give you plenty of speed and
stability on any road.
- Folded Size : 76 x 44 x 87cm (30” x 17.3” x 34.3”).
- Weight: 13kg (28.66lbs).
- Frame size :13".
- Rider height : 150 - 193 cm (5'0" - 6'4").
- Max Rider Weight : 105 kg (230 lbs).
- Headset: Semi Integrated custom Dahon.
- Brakes: Promax hydraulic with 160mm rotors.
- Wheels : Dahon 24" custom alloy aluminum Rims with 28 Hole Front and Rear Hubs.
- Tyre: Inova Semi Slick 24 x 1.5" with reflective detail.
- Drivetrain : Shimano Alivio 9 Speed Shimano RD-M430 rear derailleur and Alivio STI trigger shifter.
- Frame : Hydroformed Dalloy Aluminum with Forged Lattice Hinge and V-Clamp Technology.
- Fork : Lightweight and responsive Dalloy Aluminum with Disc Brake mount.
- Handlepost : Radius T, patented Fusion and V-Clamp technologies, forged aluminum, 35mm dual clamp offset stem system.
- Bottom Bracket: Sealed
- Cassette: 11-32T 9 speed.
- Chain: KMC.
- Pedals: Dahon folding PC body
- Chainset: Forged Alloy with 42 tooth ring and chainguard. .
- Saddle: Dahon Comfort.
- Seat Binder: Dahon QR.
- Cycle Condition: Brand New. Delivered in folded state. Inflation of tyres, fitting of pedals, stem, handlebars, front wheel, front brake cable, saddle and seatpost are necessary. Gears and brakes may require some adjustment prior to riding.
All goods are in stock and delivered within 2 working days of cleared payment. Smaller items are sent by Royal mail 1st Class and do not require a signature, larger items are delivered Monday to Friday between 9am and 6pm by our couriers, a signature is required upon receipt of goods.
When your order is despatched our system will automatically send you an email. We only use premium next day delivery services, so you can expect your order the following day.