2017 Dahon Briza D8 Folding Bike with 24" Wheels in Green
SAVE: 27% or £190.05
In 1982 Dr. Hon introduced the first Dahon folding bicycle to worldwide
acclaim. At design competitions around the world, the first Dahon folding
bicycle proceeded to win award after award. Full of optimism, Dr. Hon visited
major bicycle manufacturers around the world, hoping to find a company to either
license his design or build the bike for him. But not surprisingly, none of big
companies were interested in his revolutionary new idea.
Undaunted and committed to his vision of environmentally-sustainable transportation, Dr. Hon decided to risk everything and build the bike himself. He quit his job, gathered $3 million dollars in venture funding, re-located to Taiwan, and built a factory. By 1983, Dahon folding bicycles were rolling off the assembly line.
Today, over two million bicycles later, we can proudly say that Dahon has made a difference. From San Francisco to Amsterdam to Rio de Janeiro to Tokyo, people are using our bicycles to get from point A to point B. Governments are integrating portable folding bicycles into their plans for mass transportation. And every one of those big bicycle companies that Dr. Hon visited 25 years ago have now jumped on the folding bike bandwagon.
2017 Dahon Briza Folding Bike
Full size in comfort, looks and ride, the 24”Briza folds out to a stylish city tourer with up-right riding luxury, and folds away effortlessly thanks to Dahon's No Lift technology. The Briza's easy step-through frame also makes it ideal for both men and women ride
- Frame: LA Series- D-Alloy, Lattice forged hinge, fusion and visegrip technology.
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Altus. 8 Speed Shimano Rear Derailleur and EF51 Trigger Shifter.
- Frame size :14" Rider height : 150 - 193 cm (5'0" - 6'4").
- Chainset: Forged Alloy with 38 ring and chainguard.
- Bottom Bracket: Sealed
- Cassette: 11-32T 8 speed.
- Chain: KMC Z72.
- Pedals: Dahon folding PC body.
- Brakeset: WinZip 110mm V Brakes.
- Brake Levers: Dahon Alloy.
- Handlebars/Stem: Folding handlepost. Forged Alloy, Fusion and V-Clamp Technology.
- Headset: Semi Integrated custom Dahon.
- Grips: Dahon ergo.
- Wheelset: Dahon 24" custom alloy. Lightweight durable alloy rims with 32Hole rear and 28 Hole front nutted hubs. Alloy rims with machined braking surface.
- Tyre: Inova Semi Slick 24 x 1.5" with reflective sidewall.
- Saddle: Dahon Comfort.
- Seatpost: 33.9mm x 580mm.
- Rider height : 150 - 193 cm (5'0" - 6'4")
- Max Rider Weight : 105 kg (230 lbs)
- Seat Binder: Dahon QR.
- Folded size 33 × 79 × 64 cm (13" × 31.1" × 25.2")
- Weight: 15kg.
- Cycle Condition: Brand New. Delivered in folded state. Inflation of tyres, fitting of pedals, stem, handlebars, front wheel, front brake cable, saddle and seatpost are necessary. Gears and brakes may require some adjustment prior to riding.
All goods are in stock and delivered within 2 working days of cleared payment. Smaller items are sent by Royal mail 1st Class and do not require a signature, larger items are delivered Monday to Friday between 9am and 6pm by our couriers, a signature is required upon receipt of goods.
When your order is despatched our system will automatically send you an email. We only use premium next day delivery services, so you can expect your order the following day.