Raleigh Pioneer 2 Womens Aluminium Hybrid Bike Sea Green
Raleigh Cycles Established 1887
First established in Nottingham in 1887 Raleigh has a true range of pedigree products spanning across the leisure and race markets.
Within six years Raleigh became the biggest bicycle manufacturing company in the world and occupied a seven and a half acres in Faraday Road, Lenton, Nottingham.
Today, Raleigh product development engineers and graphic designers ensure that the innovation continues and every Raleigh bike has a special level of quality and attention to detail. The functionality of every bike is important at Raleigh, it must be "fit for purpose" and reliable. To achieve this, high quality materials and components are used throughout.
2016 Raleigh Pioneer 2 Womens Aluminium Hybrid Bike
On the continent people use their bikes everyday, cycling is not a leisure activity but a significant mode of transport. The bikes they ride are not built for speed but comfort and practicality and the Raleigh Pioneer line is this style of bike. Designed with a comfortable upright riding position, equipped with mudguards and racks so you just need to add your choice of lights and lock and you're set to go.
The new Pioneer 2 is built around the same strong light aluminium 6061 frame as the Pioneer 1 but has some nice upgrades over the base model. Transmission is now Shimano 24 speed offering a wider range of gears for road and trail use. The crankset has been upgraded to Shimano. Gears are easily selected by the push of a button on the Shimano EZ Fire shifters and the powerful V type brakes offer predictable stopping in all conditions. CST Zeppelin high volume tyres with puncture protection and reflective stripe make your ride comfortable and safer. The handlebar stem, bars and saddle are fully adjustable for both angle and height so you can fine tune the geometry to match your needs.
- Model Type: Womens 24 speed city and trekking hybrid bike.
- Frame: Aluminium city trekking frame. 6061 aluminium butted main tubes. Womens specific. Low step. Replaceable dropout.
- Fork: Raleigh rigid steel trekking fork, chrome 1 1/8" threaded headset.
- Wheel Size: 700c.
- Gear System: Shimano 24 speed gears with Shimano EZ fire shifters. Shimano M171 48/38/28T chainset and Shimano 12-32T cassette. Shimano Altus rear derailleur. Shimano Tourney front derailleur. Sealed cartridge bottom bracket. KMC 8 speed chain.
- Wheel Specification: Lightweight double wall aluminium 36H rims on alloy hubs. Raleigh "R" dome nuts. Fitted with CST Zeppelin 700C x 40mm large volume tyres.
- Brakes: Powerful front and rear alloy V type brakes. Shimano integrated levers.
- Handlebar and Stem: Alloy adjustable height/angle quill type stem with alloy comfort bars and dual density round comfort grips.
- Additional Information: Raleigh colour matched composte mudguards, aluminium 27.2mm micro-adjust seatpost, AXA lite line chainguard, rear alloy colour matched carrier, Selle Royal Milo ladies comfort saddle, alloy kick stand.
- Frame Colour: Sea Green.
- Fork Colour: Sea Green.
- Weight: 16kg.
- Cycle Condition: New. All 2016 Raleigh bicycles are assembled and set up by a mechanic prior to dispatch. After the pre-delivery inspection the bicycle is re-packed in the original box for transportation. The repacked bicycle is 90% assembled. Refitting of pedals, stem, handlebars, front wheel, saddle and seat post are necessary.
All goods are in stock and delivered within 2 working days of cleared payment. Smaller items are sent by Royal mail 1st Class and do not require a signature, larger items are delivered Monday to Friday between 9am and 6pm by our couriers, a signature is required upon receipt of goods.
When your order is despatched our system will automatically send you an email. We only use premium next day delivery services, so you can expect your order the following day.