2016 Forme Sterndale 4000 27.5" Mountain Bike
Forme Bikes are proudly designed and developed in Derbyshire. Following observation of a clear gap in the market for British high quality aluminium bikes the range was launched with a small collection of 5 road bike models at key selling price points with immediate success in March 2010. The strength of Forme combined with the phenomenal consistent growth in cycling has allowed them to develop thier range to 40 models in less than 2 years.Every Road and Mountain bike produced by Forme is tested by ex-professional cyclists on some of the most technical trails, steepest climbs and fastest descents the Peak District has to offer to create a product that can be understood by its rider.
If you are familiar with the geography of the Peak District names such as Blackrocks, Thorpe, Axe Edge, Alport, Shining Cliff Woods etc will be well recognised and therefore the formula for selecting Forme model names will not come as a surprise to you.Forme designed bikes are engineered to meet the demands of the British climate which, following many testing miles, can be pretty wet and grim. Key features often over looked by international competitors can be found on every bike within the range to ensure all your daily riding demands we are met.
The Sterndale 27.5" (650b) series offers a "proper" trails set up for the leisure weekend warrior with a combination of versatile frame geometry, wide 680mm riser bars and 60mm travel forks designed to strike a balance between beginner trails riding, gravel paths and potholed streets at an affordable price. The Sterndale 4000 comes equiped with a Shimano 21 speed transmittion, Tektro disc brakes and a Hsim Lung 60mm travel suspension fork.
- Frame: Forme 6061 alloy
- Fork: Hsin Lung 60mm Travel
- Wheelset: One23 32 hole disc hubs with QR levers. 32 Hole One23 XC Sport rims
- Shifter/Levers: Shimano EF51
- R.Derailleur: Shimano Altus 7 Speed
- F.Derailleur: Shimano M190A
- Chainset: Shimano M131
- Cassette: KMC Z7
- Chain: 7 Speed
- Brakes: Tektro cable disc brakes with 160mm rotors
- Tyres: Kenda Slant Six 27.5" (650b) x 2.10"
- Handlebar: One23 ALLOY 6061 PG,680MM wide with a 31.8MM centre
- Stem: One23 ALLOY 3D FORGED, 28.6X41MM, EXT:70MM, RISE:-7DEG, BAR BORE:31.8MM,
- Saddle: Forme All Mountain
- Seatpost: One23 Alloy 31.6 350mm
- Headset: Strummer Caged bearing
- B/B: Sealed Square Taper 68x122mm
- Grips/BarTape: Forme knurled.
- Condition: Brand new sealed in box. This bike comes 90% built. Fitting of stem/bars, front wheel, front mudguard, front brake cable and seat required. Gears and brakes also require some adjustment prior to riding.
All goods are in stock and delivered within 2 working days of cleared payment. Smaller items are sent by Royal mail 1st Class and do not require a signature, larger items are delivered Monday to Friday between 9am and 6pm by our couriers, a signature is required upon receipt of goods.
When your order is despatched our system will automatically send you an email. We only use premium next day delivery services, so you can expect your order the following day.