2016 Dahon Espresso D24 Folding 26" Wheel Mountain Bike 24 Speed
SAVE: 20% or £123.01
In 1982 Dr. Hon introduced the first Dahon folding bicycle to worldwide
acclaim. At design competitions around the world, the first Dahon folding
bicycle proceeded to win award after award. Full of optimism, Dr. Hon visited
major bicycle manufacturers around the world, hoping to find a company to either
license his design or build the bike for him. But not surprisingly, none of big
companies were interested in his revolutionary new idea.
Undaunted and committed to his vision of environmentally-sustainable transportation, Dr. Hon decided to risk everything and build the bike himself. He quit his job, gathered $3 million dollars in venture funding, re-located to Taiwan, and built a factory. By 1983, Dahon folding bicycles were rolling off the assembly line.
Today, over two million bicycles later, we can proudly say that Dahon has made a difference. From San Francisco to Amsterdam to Rio de Janeiro to Tokyo, people are using our bicycles to get from point A to point B. Governments are integrating portable folding bicycles into their plans for mass transportation. And every one of those big bicycle companies that Dr. Hon visited 25 years ago have now jumped on the folding bike bandwagon.
2015 Dahon Espresso Folding Mountain Bike 24 Speed
The Espresso D24 is the ideal bike for a busy lifestyle. To the park on a sunny weekend, down the street for a social coffee or off to the Italian market, the Espresso D24 is an impressive shot on wheels, wherever you destination. Now equipped with our clever Flat Pak Technology, the Espresso D24 can fold flat or fold completely, you choose.
- Frame: XA series Dahon Urban MTB frame. Sonus Tubeset with Vise Grip and Rebar technologies.
- Frame Size: 17" with a 22.5" top tube. 28" Standover height.
- Fork: Zoom Aria Suspension with leg mounted lockout and Preload adjustment.
- Front Derailleur: Microshoft M42.
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Altus. 24-Speed Shimano M310 Rear Derailleur and EF51 Trigger Shifter.
- Chainset: Alloy MTB triple with 28/38/48 rings.
- Bottom Bracket: CH.
- Cassette: 11-30T 8 speed.
- Quick Release 4 Way Adjustable handlebar stem.
- Chain: KMC Z72.
- Pedals: Dahon folding PC body.
- Brakeset: WinZip 110mm V Brakes.
- Brake Levers: Shimano EF51.
- Handlebars: D4D Flatpack with a Dahon QR 4 Way Adjustable handlebar stem.
- Headset: Semi Integrated custom Dahon. /li>
- Grips: Dahon ergo.
- Wheelset: Dahon 26" custom alloy. Lightweight durable alloy rims with Alloy quick release hubs
- Tyre: Kenda Kwick Roller Sport Slick 26 x 2.0".
- Saddle: SR Freeway Comfort.
- Seatpost: 31.6 x 300mm.
- Seat Binder: Dahon QR.
- Folded size 108 x 38 x 105cm (42.5” x 15” x 41.3”).
- Weight: 15kg.
- Cycle Condition: Brand New. Delivered in folded state. Inflation of tyres, fitting of pedals, stem, handlebars, front wheel, front brake cable, saddle and seatpost are necessary. Gears and brakes may require some adjustment prior to riding.
All goods are in stock and delivered within 2 working days of cleared payment. Smaller items are sent by Royal mail 1st Class and do not require a signature, larger items are delivered Monday to Friday between 9am and 6pm by our couriers, a signature is required upon receipt of goods.
When your order is despatched our system will automatically send you an email. We only use premium next day delivery services, so you can expect your order the following day.