2016 Dahon Ciao i7 Folding 7 Speed Bike
SAVE: 27% or £180.05
In 1982 Dr. Hon introduced the first Dahon folding bicycle to worldwide acclaim. At design competitions around the world, the first Dahon folding bicycle proceeded to win award after award. Full of optimism, Dr. Hon visited major bicycle manufacturers around the world, hoping to find a company to either license his design or build the bike for him. But not surprisingly, none of big companies were interested in his revolutionary new idea.
Undaunted and committed to his vision of environmentally-sustainable transportation, Dr. Hon decided to risk everything and build the bike himself. He quit his job, gathered $3 million dollars in venture funding, re-located to Taiwan, and built a factory. By 1983, Dahon folding bicycles were rolling off the assembly line.
Today, over two million bicycles later, we can proudly say that Dahon has made a difference. From San Francisco to Amsterdam to Rio de Janeiro to Tokyo, people are using our bicycles to get from point A to point B. Governments are integrating portable folding bicycles into their plans for mass transportation. And every one of those big bicycle companies that Dr. Hon visited 25 years ago have now jumped on the folding bike bandwagon.
Dahon Ciao i7 Seven Speed Folding Bike
Since its launch and Eurobike award in 2005, the Ciao has been firm favorite and permanent fixture in the DAHON lineup. With a folding frame made of aluminum for weight saving and shape forming reasons, the Ciao is a compact, step-through beauty. Inspired by the upright seating position and low-step frames of Dutch bikes, the Ciao frame shape is all about comfort and convenience. Jump on and enjoy the relaxed ride, hop off and park in no time. The high top tube of mountain and road bikes can be awkward to negotiate.
Even without mobility issues or a long skirt, a low frame is just so easygoing. Stem and handlebar positioning means you can sit in an upright posture that is easier on your spine and won’t leave you with hunched up shoulders, or pressure on your wrists.
The Ciao i7 makes hopping on and off your bike abreeze. Safe and stable with a low center of gravity, it’s the perfect companion for foldingbike beginners and those wanting a steadier, easier mount and dismount. With Shimano’s 7speed integrated gear range, the i7 is the perfect town and suburban bike.
The 2016 Ciao i7 has a 7 speed Shimano Nexus hub, for low maintenance, with comfy Revo twist shifters. The 7 gears are paced just right for city or leisure rides, covering all your needs with ease. Plus this incarnation comes with 20″ wheels that still allow for a compact fold that you can take on the metro, or bring indoors for easy and safe storage. This 13.7kg bike could just open you up a whole new perspective on urban living.
- Speeds: 7.
- Frame Sizes: 1.
- Distance: Seatpost to Handlebar: Min: 600 mm (23.6") Max: 630 mm (24.8").
- Distance: Saddle to Pedal: Min: 650 mm (25.4") Max: 900 mm (35.4").
- Folding Size: 38 x 78 x 67 cm (14.96" x 30.71" x 26.38").
- Folding Time: 15 sec.
- Weight: 13.7kg
- Suggested Rider Height: 145-190 cm (4'9"-6'3").
- Max Rider Weight: 105 kg (231 lb).
- Frame: Low-step-thru design frame, Dalloy aluminium tubeset, lattice forged hinge with V-clamp technology.
- Fork: Smooth riding and stable hi-ten steel blades and steerer.
- Handlepost: Forged alloy radius telescope w/ Fusion technology, AdjuStable.
- Handlebar: 6061 aluminium flat bar, 590 mm wide with 18 degree crescent sweep.
- Headset: Fusion, zero stack, cartridge bearings.
- Grip/Bars Tape: Dahon ergo comfort.
- Saddle: Dahon ergo comfort.
- Seatpost: Dahon custom 6061 aluminium, 33.9 mm x 580 mm.
- Front Brake: Winzip smooth and powerful 110 mm V-brakes.
- Rear Brake: Winzip smooth and powerful 110 mm V-brakes.
- Brake Levers: Dahon 3 finger composite bracket/aluminium lever.
- Front Hub: Dahon custom 74 mm compact alloy 20 hole.
- Rear Hub: Smooth shifting, maintenance-free Shimano Nexus 7-speed hub gear, 32 hole.
- Spokes: 14g stainless steel.
- Rims: 20" lightweight aluminium.
- Tyres: Dahon Rotolo, 20” x 1.75” by Kenda.
- Shifter(s): Shimano Nexus Revo twist shifters.
- Crankset: Forged alloy arms with 38t chainring.
- Rear Cogs 16 tooth for Shimano Nexus internal hub.
- Bottom Bracket: Sealed bearing.
- Chain: KMC Z410.
- Pedals: Suntour folding, non-slip.
- Chainguard: Full chainguard.
- Kickstand: Lightweight alloy centre stand.
- Cycle Condition: Brand New. Delivered in folded state. Inflation of tyres, fitting of pedals, stem, handlebars, front wheel, front brake cable, saddle and seatpost are necessary. Gears and brakes may require some adjustment prior to riding.
All goods are in stock and delivered within 2 working days of cleared payment. Smaller items are sent by Royal mail 1st Class and do not require a signature, larger items are delivered Monday to Friday between 9am and 6pm by our couriers, a signature is required upon receipt of goods.
When your order is despatched our system will automatically send you an email. We only use premium next day delivery services, so you can expect your order the following day.