2015 Barracuda Vela I WS 7 Speed Hybrid Ladies Bike
SAVE: 35% or £95.05
Barracuda have always strived to be on the cutting edge of fashion and cycling trends. However, does this mean that it is right? Barracuda's new in house design, marketing and product team didn’t think so. For 2015 they decided it was time to take a step back, thoroughly research the market and find out what everyday commuters and leisure cyclists want out of their bicycle. Creating the best range of Barracuda bicycles ever made covering mountain, road, commute, hybrid, comfort and not forgetting the newest range of practical yet highly fashionable vintage bikes.
Having an office full of cyclists certainly helped this process along, not only do the guys ride bikes everyday but across the team they eat, breath and sleep the different categories of the sport. It is Barracuda's belief that three key elements combined make up the perfect machine. Firstly the aesthetics, the bike has to look great. Secondly getting the right specification at the right price, ensuring they are offering the most competitive bikes like for like. And last but not least designing the perfect geometry, ensuring the ride is perfect in every way making the rider want to get on their bike time and time again.
Creating this range has been a passion for all the team, Barracuda hope you can share this with them, hit the road or trail and just pedal. Introducing the all new Barracuda…
2015 Barracuda Vela I WS 7 Speed Hybrid Bike
The Vela, Barracudas answer to the Hybrid bicycle, the perfect all-rounder covering all your cycling needs. Its comfortable, smooth, practical and has the perfect gearing range for all climbs. The Vela I is based on a comfortable lightweight alloy frame, has a single front ring keeping the gearing simple and features full length mudguards and carrier rack. The Vela II is based on the Vela one model but with an upgraded fully adjustable stem and full 21 speed Shimano gears offering a wider range of gear ratios. The Vela III has the added benefit of a Suntour front suspension fork offering extra comfort on the wrists on rougher terrain. The Vela 1, 2 and 3 also all come in Barracudas Women Specific geometry and colour scheme.
- Frame Construction: 6061 Aluminium with low step over hydroformed tubing.
- Forks: Hi-tensile steel straight blade.
- Wheel Size: 700c.
- Wheel Specification: 700c alloy double wall rims. Alloy 36 hole 3/8" hubs. Front QR hub. 700c x 35c black trekking tyres.
- Gear System: Shimano 7 speed with Shimano EZ Fire shifters, Shimano 14-28T freewheel and Shimano rear derailleur. KMC chain. Prowheel steel 46T chainring with 170mm crank arms.
- Brakes: Alloy V type brakes and 3-finger levers.
- Handlebar and Stem: Low-rise handlebar. Width 620mm. 1-1/8" quill stem. Lengths; 53cm = 90mm, 56/59cm = 105mm.
- Additional Information: Hybrid comfort seat with alloy micro-adjust seat post. Extras: Full-length mudguards, pannier rack and kickstand.
- Frame Colour: Silver.
- Fork Colour: Silver.
- Condition: Brand new sealed in box. This bike comes 90% built. Fitting of pedals, stem/bars, front wheel, front mudguard, front brake cable and seat required. Gears and brakes also require some adjustment prior to riding.
All goods are in stock and delivered within 2 working days of cleared payment. Smaller items are sent by Royal mail 1st Class and do not require a signature, larger items are delivered Monday to Friday between 9am and 6pm by our couriers, a signature is required upon receipt of goods.
When your order is despatched our system will automatically send you an email. We only use premium next day delivery services, so you can expect your order the following day.