2014 Forme Calver CXS Cyclocross Bike
SAVE: 32% or £320.00
Forme Bikes are proudly designed and developed in Derbyshire. Following observation of a clear gap in the market for British high quality aluminium bikes the range was launched with a small collection of 5 road bike models at key selling price points with immediate success in March 2010. The strength of Forme combined with the phenomenal consistent growth in cycling has allowed them to develop thier range to 40 models in less than 2 years.
Every Road and Mountain bike produced by Forme is tested by ex-professional cyclists on some of the most technical trails, steepest climbs and fastest descents the Peak District has to offer to create a product that can be understood by its rider. If you are familiar with the geography of the Peak District names such as Blackrocks, Thorpe, Axe Edge, Alport, Shining Cliff Woods etc will be well recognised and therefore the formula for selecting Forme model names will not come as a surprise to you.
Forme designed bikes are engineered to meet the demands of the British climate which, following many testing miles, can be pretty wet and grim. Key features often over looked by international competitors can be found on every bike within the range to ensure all your daily riding demands we are met.
2014 Forme Calver CXS Cyclocross Bike
SERIES OVERVIEW - Cyclo Cross is considered to be one of the toughest genres of the sport. When faced with steep muddy inclines, sharp corners or step runs the Calver CX series is designed to meet your demands. In addition to frame performance there are a number of additional details that cannot be neglected by any serious Cyclo Cross rider. We have implemented a number of unique designs to guarantee optimum mud clearance and the smoothest braking and shifting performance possible. Following a year of product testing and feedback from 2 Great Britain team riders we have injected every ounce of experience towards, what we believe to be, the most efficient and practical Cyclo Cross Race Bikes on the market.
Disc brakes are here to stay. The Calver CXS features Avids BB5 cable road discs giving you the best of both worlds. Supreme stopping power and modulation, regardless of the weather conditions. Combined with easy long term maintenance and adjustment. If you haven?t tried discs, it might be about time.
- Frame: Forme 7005 aluminium, double butted, pannier rack & mudguard eyelets
- Fork: T700 3K carbon blade, 1-1/8? alloy steerer, IS brake mount, mudguard eyelets
- Wheelset: ONE23, comprising: Alex XD-Lite rims, Formula sealed bearing hubset ( F&R )
- Shifter/Levers: Shimano Tiagra 20-SPD
- R.Deraileur: Shimano Tiagra 10-SPD Short Cage
- F.Deraileur: Shimano Tiagra
- Chainset: FSA Omega Comact 48/34T. 170mm = 52cm, 172.5mm = 54/56cm, 175mm = 58cm
- Cassette: Shimano Tiagra 10-SPD, 12/28T
- Chain: KMC X10
- Brake Calipers: Avid BB5 Road Platinum mechanical disc brake 160 G2CS rotors
- Tyres: Kenda Kwicker 700 x 32C, folding bead
- Handlebar: ONE23 SL Alloy 31.8mm, drop: 131mm, reach 75mmm 420mm = 52/54/56cm, 440mm = 58cm
- Stem: ONE23 SL Alloy 28.6mm x 31.8mm, 7 degree rise, ext: 100mm = 52/54cm, 110mm = 56/58cm
- Saddle: ONE23
- Seatpost: ONE23 SL Alloy, micro adjust, 31.6 x 350mm, layback: 30mm
- Headset: FSA Orbit 1 (NO.16/CC), 1-1/8? integrated, sealed angular contact bearings
- B/B: FSA Megaexo sealed
- Spacer: Forme Alloy, 2 x 5mm & 2 x 10mm
- Bartape/Grips: Forme Ergofit cork, black
- Frame Colour: White/Black/Blue.
- Fork Colour: White.
- Weight: NA.
- Condition: New in box. Bike comes 95% built. Fitting of front wheel and handlebars will be necessary as well as some adjustment to brakes and gears prior to riding. Pedals not supplied.
All goods are in stock and delivered within 2 working days of cleared payment. Smaller items are sent by Royal mail 1st Class and do not require a signature, larger items are delivered Monday to Friday between 9am and 6pm by our couriers, a signature is required upon receipt of goods.
When your order is despatched our system will automatically send you an email. We only use premium next day delivery services, so you can expect your order the following day.