2014 Forme Axe Edge 2.0 Carbon Race Bike
SAVE: 35% or £350.04
Forme Bikes are proudly designed and developed in Derbyshire. Following observation of a clear gap in the market for British high quality aluminium bikes the range was launched with a small collection of 5 road bike models at key selling price points with immediate success in March 2010. The strength of Forme combined with the phenomenal consistent growth in cycling has allowed them to develop thier range to 40 models in less than 2 years.
Every Road and Mountain bike produced by Forme is tested by ex-professional cyclists on some of the most technical trails, steepest climbs and fastest descents the Peak District has to offer to create a product that can be understood by its rider. If you are familiar with the geography of the Peak District names such as Blackrocks, Thorpe, Axe Edge, Alport, Shining Cliff Woods etc will be well recognised and therefore the formula for selecting Forme model names will not come as a surprise to you.
Forme designed bikes are engineered to meet the demands of the British climate which, following many testing miles, can be pretty wet and grim. Key features often over looked by international competitors can be found on every bike within the range to ensure all your daily riding demands we are met.
Choosing the right bike and frame in particular can be the difference between heaven and purgatory for any sportive rider! We have maintained the "bling" looks and lightweight responsive performance with the Axe Edge but are introducing a frame that doesn't leave you unable to walk after a long weekend of riding and exploring. The Axe Edge 2.0 offers you the identical frame build quality as our Torayca 700 Carbon Fibre models, but doesn't come with the steep price tag you would expect. Featuring a full Shimano Sora transmission System and strong Mavic CXP22 rims, this model is the logical choice for all cyclists looking to make an upgrade to the world of carbon for a lightweight, fun and reliable ride.
The Axe Edge 2.0 offers you the identical frame build quality as our Torayca 700 Carbon Fibre models, but doesn't come with the steep price tag you would expect. Featuring a full Shimano Sora transmission System and strong Mavic CXP22 rims, this model is the logical choice for all cyclists looking to make an upgrade to the world of carbon for a lightweight, fun and reliable ride.
Forme torayca 700 12k carbon
- Fork Forme t700 12k carbon blade, 1-1/8 alloy steerer
- Wheelset Mavic cxp 22 rims 15gx32h / 9spd formula hubs with water resistant seal.
- Shifter/levers Shimano sora 9spd
- R.deraileur Shimano sora 9spd
- F.deraileur Shimano sora 9spd
- Chainset Shimano sora 50/34t, 170mm=50cm, 172.5mm=53/55cm, 175mm=58/61cm
- Cassette Shimano tiagra 9-spd, 12/27t
- Chain Kmc x9 - 9-spd
- Brake calipers Forme alloy dual pivot, 39 - 52mm, cartridge pads
- Tyres Michelin dynamic sport clincher 25c
- Handlebar One23 sl, alloy 31.8mm, drop: 144mm, reach: 77mm, 420mm=50/53/55cm, 440mm=58/61cm
- Stem One23 sl, alloy 28.6 x 31.8mm, 7° rise, ext: 100mm=50/53cm, 110mm=55/58/61cm
- Saddle One23 ergo sl, width: 130mm
- Seatpost One23 sl, alloy 27.2 x 350mm, layback: 25mm
- Headset Fsa orbit is-2, 1-1/8" integrated, sealed angular contact bearing
- B/b Shimano sora mega-exo sealed
- Spacer Forme carbon, 3 x 5mm & 2 x 10mm
- Bartape/grips Forme ergofit cork, white
- Condition: New in box. Bike comes 95% built. Fitting of front wheel and handlebars will be necessary as well as some adjustment to brakes and gears prior to riding. Pedals not supplied.
All goods are in stock and delivered within 2 working days of cleared payment. Smaller items are sent by Royal mail 1st Class and do not require a signature, larger items are delivered Monday to Friday between 9am and 6pm by our couriers, a signature is required upon receipt of goods.
When your order is despatched our system will automatically send you an email. We only use premium next day delivery services, so you can expect your order the following day.